All transactions are in New Zealand dollars at the time of making a booking and at the time of making a cancellation, and Pelorus Mail Boat and Marlborough Tour Company cannot accept any liability for fluctuation in exchange rates between these transactions taking place.
Luggage & bags
Bags should be no more than 20kgs per item transported. We will not transport any item over this weight. One bag per person is included in the fare, additional bags will incur an additional charge. Bikes and kayaks can be carried at additional cost.
While all care will be taken with your bags, bikes, kayaks and personal effects, Pelorus Mail Boat accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage including sea spray or rainfall. We have watertight holds for most luggage, however, we recommend that bags are waterproof or put in a waterproof liner for protection in the event of sea spray or heavy rainfall.
Our cancellation policy
- No charge is applied to cancellations 48 hours or more before the departure time.
- No refund is made to cancellations made within 48 hours of departure. Date changes to your booking are possible up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time at no additional charge, and are subject to availability.
- No charge is applied to cancellations 30+ days before the chartered cruise date.
- Between 10-30 days prior to chartered cruise date, a transfer can be made to another date within a 12-month period at no charge, otherwise a 50% cancellation fee applies.
- Between 1-9 days prior to chartered cruise date, 100% cancellation fee applies.
Cancellations due to Government-imposed travel bans
If your travel plans are interrupted due to Government-imposed travel bans or border closures, you are welcome to transfer your booking to a later date within the next 12 months with no transfer fee.
Depending on intended travel season, differences in departure times or rates may apply as at the date of rebooking. Otherwise our standard cancellation policy applies.
Cancellations by Pelorus Mail Boat
Pelorus Mail Boat and Marlborough Tour Company reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any tours, cruises and accommodation booked if they feels that they cannot be undertaken safely, e.g. bad weather conditions, or if total bookings on a tour or cruise are below minimum numbers. In the event of Pelorus Mail Boat or Marlborough Tour Company making a cancellation you will be offered an alternate date option, or receive a full refund.
For the safety of passengers and staff and partners, Pelorus Mail Boat reserves the right to cancel cruises, due to intoxication and without a refund.
In circumstances where staff judge the level of intoxication to be such that it may be unsafe for the individual concerned to travel or for staff or other passengers to travel with that person, the intoxicated guest may be refused entry onboard Pelorus Mail Boat or and asked to find their own return transport at their own cost.
Where property damage is sustained by Pelorus Mail Boat, a spoilage fee may be charged.